1. Flight of the Butterflies IMAX film. The footage was spectacular, and the story of the scientist and his wife who dedicated their lives to mapping the path of the monarch’s migration was so moving. We saw the film with our homeschool group earlier this month, and I don’t think I was the only mom tearing up towards the end.
2. Finding four monarch caterpillars in our yard just a few days later.
3. This blog post by Joanne on not asking our children to do things they just can’t do.
4. B.’s Lego Titanic for last week’s 101st anniversary of the doomed voyage.
B.’s contribution was pretty cool. Mine, apple juice gelatin with a few strawberries shoved in for icebergs, (and the fact that I’m proudly displaying it!) says a lot about how gifted I am in the arts and crafts department.
5. From John Henry Cardinal Newman:
I can well believe that you have hopes now, which you cannot give up, and even which support you in your present course. Be it so; whether they will be fulfilled, or not, is in His hand. He may be pleased to grant the desires of your heart; if so, thank him for his mercy; only be sure, that all will be for your highest good, and “as your days, so shall your strength be.”
Head on over to Hallie for more…