1. This week of 7 posts in 7 days–one more to go–has been fun. I’ve found a few new blogs and interacted more with people online. But, I think my family and home will appreciate a bit more attention next week!
2. What are the last 5 films you watched? My last 5, as I remember, were…
- Henry V (favorite Shakespeare film)
- High Noon (best western, except for maybe John Wayne’s The Searchers)
- The Court Jester (goofy Robin Hood spoof we watched at least one hundred times in my childhood home)
- Tree of Life (very moving but took a lot of energy to watch–no balancing the checkbook and folding laundry all at the same time)
- Zero Dark Thirty (intense–wondered how much of it was accurate)
Leave your list in the comments!
3. Today is the feast day of Sts. Joachim & Anne, parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary and patron saints of married couples. It is also Natural Family Planning Awareness Week, in their honor. My friend Blair had a great post about that this week. Read it!
4. If you remember a couple 7QTs ago, or was it 5 Faves, I mentioned this amazing cream Egyptian Magic that is taking years off my face? Well, apparently it has even more wondrous uses. W. took a great big sip of boiling hot tea about a week ago, and ended up with 2nd degree burns all down his chin. Poor guy! It was looking terrible for a couple days until I thought to try it, and within 12 hours the burned, peeling skin was gone. Too bad I don’t have any pictures, but the healing was unbelievable. W. even said to me, “You have to tell people about this on the Internet!!”
5. While the kids were away at VBS this week, I was able to purge our homeschooling shelves and binders. Many workbooks and papers snuck off to the recycling bin, and the best of the best was filed away in this:
Add a list of curriculum used, books read, and classes/ field trips and you’ve got a complete record of the school year. I think I should have space in this box for a record for all five kids through middle school.
For a long time, I felt terrible throwing anything the kids had done for school away and had boxes of old workbooks and binders cluttering up our shed. I can’t remember where I got the idea, but it was probably a Sonlight parents forum. Just pick 2-3 examples of work from each subject (workbook page from the beginning, middle, and end of the year, for example) and throw everything else away! Such a good idea, as long as no one witnesses the purging…
6. I’m so ready for a vacation–soon we are heading off to visit family and friends and hit the beach!!!!! First big road trip since the twins were born (they are 5 1/2 now), and definitely our most ambitious trip ever. I hope we all make it!!! The fact that I am using so many exclamation points regarding driving 5 children in a packed van for days on end shows just how much we all need to get away!!!
7. I am blogged out–time to tend to this;
and the next film on my list…
Many more quick takes at Conversion Diary!